1. Using the SMARTBoard, the students were introduced to the color word green.
2. Then, still using the SMARTBoard, the students found green items from the Kidspiration graphics to put into the grassy green Kidspiration template.
Click here to download the template.
3. The students were then introduced to the poem called, "Green." The poem was read several times, looking for the color word, rhyming words, and the words that named the pictures.
4. The students were asked to match the pictures to the words.
5. The students then opened their folders and dragged the pictures to the matching words. They then shared their completed poems on the SMARTBoard.
Back to Kindergarten Poetry
Back to Poetry Home