1. Using the SMARTBoard, the students were introduced to the color word red.
2. Then, still using the SMARTBoard, the students found red items from the Kidspiration graphics to put into the red heart Kidspiration template.
3. The students were then introduced to the poem called, "Red." This poem allows the student to complete the poem about red things by dragging red clip art pictures into the poem. The students have 10 clip art items to choose from to fill four spaces in the poem. This allows for students to create their own individual poem.
4. Students were encouraged to read their poem aloud to the class.
5. The extra clip art can either be deleted or remain on the page to decorate around the edges of the poem.
Back to Kindergarten Poetry
Back to Poetry Home